Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Update

Okay, so a lot has been going on so it has kept me from getting on to update. My summer is just about over, I only have 1 week left then it is back to work for me. I am getting pretty excited but at the same time I am not ready for it to end.

I began my masters in July and that has been going pretty well, well that was until this week. There is so much work to be done this week and so little time.

My summer has not gone quite how it was suppose to but that is okay. My sister in law and I had planned a trip to Galveston to take Madelyn to Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn but around the time that was suppose to take place my mother in law got sick and ended up in the hospital with congestive heart failure. Scary time for all of us.

So we got all that stuff figured out and then it was time for my cousin to go back to work and I for the last several years have watched her kids when she went back to work so that is what I am doing until I have to go back to work on the 16th of Aug. Aug. 16th will be a bitter sweet day in the Durham household because our sweet little Angel will be starting Pre-school.

Last summer update, I had most of this week off from watching the kids since their parents were going to New York for FREE, yes I said free. What an incredible trip. So Madelyn and I decided to pack up our stuff head to Austin to see her aunt and while we were there take a trip back to Sea World. Every time we go it is so much fun. Madelyn's favorite thing to do it to feed the dolphins so of course I had to buy like 3 trays of food for her to feed them. This time we went we spent most of the day at the water park. It was a hot day so that was the place to be. Madelyn became obsessed with the water slide and we had to slide down it like 100 times and she loved the wave pool. She was even adventurous enough to want to try a big water slide but I had to tell her no since she doesn't fit into the tubes very well just yet. To end our fun filled week of traveling in a sort few hours we will be heading to Lufkin one last time before the school year starts and then back home to Mesquite.

No comments:

Post a Comment